A bizdev acceleration program dedicated to Africa for tech start-ups opens its doors in Brussels An acceleration program focused on business development in Africa is launched in Brussels.
Its name: ubiz.io/africatech
As part of its niche specialization strategy, Ubiz.io develops Ubiz Africa as an accelerator for African and European startups that specifically address the African continent. This human-sized accelerator is aimed at technology start-ups wishing to conquer new markets with an ambitious international growth strategy.
Tanguy Vanderlinden, CEO of Ubiz.io explains: « We are already indirectly present in various African countries through our partners and sponsors who are present in these countries. The energy that this continent transmits into the startup ecosystem both locally and in Europe is just mesmerizing”.
In exchange for a minimal stake in the startup’s capital, Ubiz Africa will:
- assist primarily in generating a sustainable turnover and reference clientele thanks to the support of its mentors and privileged connections with many European and African corporate companies,
- provide its expertise on the missing skills to enable the startup to quickly achieve its turnover objectives,
- support – structurally and financially – this transition from startup technology to scale-up business.
Stéphane Drai, VP Strategy explains: « Ubiz Africa is unique because it is designed to truly enable rapid value creation for African and European startups, by allowing them to share their experiences with entrepreneurs from a rapidly changing continent ».
Ubiz Africa will provide « high level » resources – directly in Brussels (before planned European openings in Paris, London and Amsterdam and African representations in Kinshasa, Pointe Noire, Douala, Abidjan and Dakar):
- dedicated mentoring of experienced captains of industry, with strong experience of growth stages in Europe and Africa, considering the specs of each continent.
- a network of international decision-makers/buyers in the markets bordering the countries where the start-ups are located and the possibility of having strategic corporate partners at a C-level.
- an independent partner for all aspects of financial support for growth – without exclusivity – regardless of the company’s profile and ambitions, whether in terms of fundraising, corporate agreements or external acquisitions based on strong expertise.
In order to offer the most appropriate support, Ubiz Africa also relies on actors who have a long and proven experience in transactions and fundraising on the African continent such as Havila Partners.
Pierre Louis Amancic, Founder of Havila Partners: « Africa and Havila Partners is a true love story that has lasted for more than 10 years. We closed various operations again last year and are very active in African countries, particularly in French-speaking countries. Ubiz Africa responds perfectly to a lack that we constantly identify with the companies of the Continent. We will be very present at their side for the implantations in Africa. »